If you’re looking to ‘Rejuvinate” at a quiet family resort – get away to our Brainerd Resort. Here’s an extensive list of Things to Do from our resort. While at Shing Wako Resort you can have:
Enjoy free use of our paddleboards in the clear water, sandy bottom and a very gradual depth of Lake Edward.
Playground fun! Climb, slide or swing close to the lake.
Every year kids learn to ride their bikes here!
Water & Beach Time
- 200 ft of beautiful sandy beach to swim, relax in one of the many chaise loungers that line our beach, or build sandcastles!
- There is plenty of room to fish, water ski or jet ski responsibly!
- Rent a boat or pontoon right here!
- Let the kids have good old fashioned fun catching (and releasing) frogs, minnows, turtles and viewing other wildlife.
- Our paddleboats, single and double kayaks, paddleboards, canoe and life jackets are included with your cabin rental.
- Lake Edward is over 2000 acres in size; about two miles north and south and one mile east and west.
- We sell gas and oil and provide dock-side service.
- Rent dock space, a boat lift or sea anchor.
- Fish cleaning is by the lake, and extra freezer space is available!
- Licenses and bait are available at very nearby gas stations.
Fun on the Land
- Eleven park-like acres to play and relax.
- Well maintained drives – For bike riding, skating, scooting and more. Every year kids learn to ride their “two wheelers” here!
- Ask for a “walking map” for a few 3 – 4 mile walks right from our resort!
- Two playgrounds, carpetball, walking paths, hook & ring, horseshoe pit, volleyball, tetherball and basketball court. With lots of green space to play bocce ball, baseball, football, and more…
- In case of a rainy day you can take a nap (nothing like a nap at the lake), watch cable TV or use our free Wi-Fi.
- Enjoy sharing time around your own campfire. We sell wood and deliver it to your fire ring! Please purchase locally to reduce the spread of pests.
- Bird watching – Our lake, wetlands and higher ground; with deciduous and pine trees provide habitat for a large variety of birds.
- In and around our office, resort grounds, beach and laundry room (which also doubles as a storm shelter) we have assorted sports equipment, board games, magazines and books to share.
- To purchase, we have clothing, ice, treats, charcoal, and more!
Boat, Dock and Other Rentals
|2023 BOAT RENTAL RATES – NO towing of tubes or water skiers with any of our boat rentals.|
|Please note: Below are the rates for our resort guests; non-guests please add 25% plus tax||Day||Week|
|24′ Bennington Pontoon Boats (4 Available)
For up to 12 people, 50 HP, depth/fish finder, live well, bimini top.
|18′ Deluxe Fishing Boat
40 HP, depth/fish finder, live well.
|14′ Boats w/15 HP Motors||$60||$300|
|Boat Lift Rental||$25||$125|
|Playards/Highchairs||$5 Each per stay.|
|Visitors||$5 per day per visitor.|
|Washers & Dryers||Coin Operated|
|Towels||$5 a set.|